How can a student make money while studying: online and offline earning methods
There are many options for earning for a student. Among them are both online and offline earnings. In our article, we will consider both options.
For online work need only a computer and the Internet. There are plenty of ways to make money online – if only you want to.
- Earning on your skills. For example, if a student is a programmer, you can write programs for money for other students. Another way for a programmer is to use a freelance site. There are plenty of tasks, there is a job for everyone. The only problem with such sites is that it is difficult for newcomers to get the hang of it, since the “old-timers” already have experience and a rating, so the customers trust them. In this case, it is worth trying to find customers on social networks, to provide your portfolio. If you don’t have a portfolio, you will have to carry out trial tasks and show your skills. The probability of choosing a performer without a portfolio is small, but there is one. You can also look for the ads themselves for remote work as a programmer. The same applies to designers, artists, journalists, and people of other professions who can provide their services through the Internet.
- Earnings from knowledge. The main thing in the life of a student is gaining knowledge. That is, whether you want it or not, they will be all the same. They need to be used. For example, to be a tutor on Skype for schoolchildren or less successful students. If you cannot work orally, it is better to take up written work: write essays for money, diplomas and term papers. If you take your favorite and interesting topics, the work will go well, and at the same time, you can also develop yourself.
- Writing texts. This is the most popular way of earning a student on the Internet. Any educated person is able to make money with it. You can write poems and scripts to order, but you will have to work hard to find customers if previously there was no experience working with them. A simpler option – is to submit to the article exchanges. They are engaged in rewriting and copywriting, that is, performing texts to order. The main thing – is to write logically and competently, otherwise, you won’t get much money. After mastering exchanges you can continue working with customers through social networks, and send offers of cooperation directly to the owners of sites. So income can grow substantially.
- Your website or blog. The promotion and writing materials for it will take a lot of time, but in the future, there will be a passive income from it. The method requires small investments – to pay for hosting and domain. The main thing is patience – you cannot make money immediately, you have to wait and make great efforts to have a resource that has many visitors (at least 100 unique visitors per day). It is better to choose a favorite subject and understandable, otherwise how to make interesting and useful materials?
- Earnings from affiliate programs. Another interesting way of earning online. Many companies that sell their products and services on the Internet, are ready to share the profits if you recommend their products and services to someone.
How students can make money offline
If you do not want to spend a lot of time on the Internet, looking for where the student can make money, it is worth choosing an offline method. If students can get money on the Internet in the same way as full-time students, as there is an opportunity to work at any convenient time, then offline students will have to adjust their work and study schedule.
- Tutoring. This is the most convenient way for a full-time student to earn money, as it is possible to work at a convenient time. You can tutor schoolchildren or failing students.
- Posting ads, handing out flyers and newspapers. It’s also a job with almost no hours. Earn in this way can even schoolchildren. Many firms are looking for people willing to do this for advertising. You can choose a convenient area and time to work, because if there is no fear of people and any weather conditions – this is a great way to make money. The advantage of the work is that payments are made immediately after the job is done.
- Selling unnecessary things. Traditionally, people accumulate a bunch of things they will never use again. A great and profitable way to get rid of them is to sell these things. You can do this with the help of message boards, social networks, and the easiest way – to hand them in second-hand and special stores that accept used things.
- Waiter, bartender. These are the most popular jobs among students, since they do not require any special skills, and the work is shift-based.
- Working as a letter carrier, as a courier. To work here you need to know the city well. If the work of a letter carrier does not require special skills, then the courier can be punished for being late. That is, you need to be punctual and be able to plan your time.
- Part-time students most often work as sales consultants. Almost all stores welcome students.
- In upper courses, part-time students can try their hand at the specialty they have chosen. For example, journalists and advertisers are happily hired by relevant organizations as content managers, sales managers, and others.
- Employers say that it is easier to teach a person from scratch what they will have to earn on the job than to retrain a person with an existing degree.
- Marketer. It’s not uncommon for students to have to store around and keep track of the range of products and prices.
This is a list of the most popular ways for students to earn money. As you can see, none of the professions does require training, so you should not be afraid to try yourself in each of them and choose the one you like.